donderdag 21 oktober 2010

Getting ready for some Ass whooping.

At least that is what i should have been doing. This weekend sees the Dutch GT. Normally the highlight of my gaming year. But his year I just don't seem te be able to get into it.

I think the problem is thus: I am going to be playing whit a army I don't really like. When I go to these things I like to go prepared1. Normally I make my army list way in advance, giving it a lot of thought then I spent a few months playing whit my list and testing it out. This year I did that I planned out my space wolf army from start to finish took it out for a spin during the battle of the clubs. Improved it got a few practise games in. Won a few smaller tournaments whit it. And then I made a stromraven,
Yea that's right the Bloodangel dropship. And now I want to show it off of course. Problem is I only see 2 a 3 types of armies working well whit a stormraven in it.


  1. A multiple stormraven list but alas I only got the one.
  2. A storm raven backed up by a strong fire base. But that I don't have2
  3. A storm raven backed up by multiple scout units. Again same problem.


So now I am stuck whit a army list I don't like


1 Liberian +1 honour guard unit
1 razorback

2 units of 6 assault marines whit flamer in a razorback (these are just cheap cheap)
1 eight man death company unit
1 death company dread.
1 Chaplain
1 baal predator
1 predator anhilator

1 vindicator.

Off course this could work against certain armies but I am not to big a fan of it.
Mostly because is think it lacks enough marines. Of course I could have switched the vindicator and the ball predator for more assault units but than I would have to paint even more models. (not owning to many marines whit bolt pistol and cc weapon and no jumppack.)
So I guess the only thing I will be doing this weekend is showing off my cool storm raven conversion3

But maybe this is a good thing. When I go to these kind of things I tend to get so caught up in being competitive that I forget to enjoy the event . So now that I don't feel like I can be, maybe that I can finally learn to enjoy it more4

Well that's it for now.

1: Well I always need to paint something on the day but that's tradition
2: At least not painted
3 And hiding my awful dreadnought conversion
4: Well I do enjoy the winning just not the losing most of the time




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten