dinsdag 7 september 2010

Oh good lazy Bum………… oh yea and go trolls.

So what have i been doing all this time

Being a Lazy bum that's what1. Seeing how I was of work for 6 weeks (working in education rocks man) I kind of got out of my routine and didn't update in some time.

So what have I been doing. Well starcraft 2 for starters. I seem to be completely hooked on the game2 Apart from that I started constructing my new empire army. Hopefully whit the new rules I am able to win a game whit my empire forces. I think my track record whit empire is the worst of my whole gaming club.

Apart from that its been pretty stale on the wargaming front and I haven't played in weeks.

Oh no wait Trolls that's right Trolls. I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the troll factions book and some new Troll models. In anticipation of that I decided to enter a Warmachine hordes doubles tournament whit Bob3. We would enter whit my cygnar and my trolls.(Bob stopped playing warmachine some time ago and sold his stuff) Now we did that for 3 reasons

  1. I got cygnar and Trolls
  2. I wanted to use Trolls cause thy are awesome sause
  3. The combination seemed completely broken to me

For the troll my strategy was based on the the borrowdeamons. Now coupling those to Siege's feat seemed downright evil (or eviler) . For cygnar they would bring all thing trollkin lacked (mainly speed stealthhosers and hitting power at range). Also the trolls starcrossed would make the cygnar models realy realy hard to hit. I had the list all planed and only had to get one o dire troll bomber…… and it was sold out . So on the day of the of the tournament I had to get some different models and change my list about (since the lack of AOE would hurt the list otherwise). So in the haste en confusion I forgot a few things. Namely my stat cards, my dice and my range ruler. AKA all the stuff I needed to play whoops. So I had to borrow (pun intended indeed) cards from a friend and use the dice and range ruler from whoever we where facing. Now I hope did not piss our opponent s of cause after nicking their stuff we proceeded to pound each pair of them into the ground (although the second game was close) and ended up winning the tournament.4

So what did I learn that day

  1. Trolls are indeed awesome sause
  2. Pigmys are indeed evil
  3. I am Indeed a sloppy guy.5


 

OK that was it for the past 6 weeks now if I can pull my ass away from starcraft en work I might get around to painting those empire models and oh the dutch 40k GT is on the horizon.


 

Until next time

1 O well I am a lazy bum most of the time but now it was worse.

2 Damm blizzard and their addicting gameplay like wow wasn't bad enough

3 Yea he scares me two pics

4 Hell YEA

5 So I guess in hindsight I did not learn any thing

1 opmerking:

  1. Good to see you blogging again Koen. Also my belated congrats on the tourney win!

    "So I guess in hindsight I did not learn any thing"
    .. True dat :P .

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen