donderdag 8 juli 2010

Arrogance is epic fail.

So what do I mean by that. Well simply that I am a arrogant twat and that I did EPIC FAIL…..TWICE. Well I doubt that most people I know would describe me as arrogant, in fact I think most folks would considered me quite humble. My gaming friends tough not so much. When it comes to wargaming I am really a arrogant bastard, I consider myself one of the best warhammer players, one of the best 40k players and certainly one of the best warmachine players at my lgs1. And I think I have a two reasons to do so. One being confidant of yourself certainly helps you play whit more balls than when you are doubtful of your own actions. Two I do seem (in my mind) to win a lot of games.

Ok so warhammer is it fair to be arrogant? Lets see I did win 5 out of 6 games in the recent campaign, but I did not perform all that well within the campaign rules. Out of those 5 only twice did I fulfill my campaign objectives so nope not very well done. Also the last tournament I played I placed LAST. Talk about epic fail (ok to be fair I did go whit one crapy army to begin whit but he no excuses)

40K then? Hmm well properly ok to be a bit arrogant here. After all id did place top ten in the DUTCH GT 3 years in row (and top twenty twice as well). But then again I did only win one game during the last battle of the clubs. And that one did not count for the team score (EPIC FAIL).

Ok war machine. Well ok here I can be arrogant. I have won 24 games in a row (woot) Not that I tent t o keep track of that but after winning 5 times in a row in the ladder campaign (and winning the 2 games before that ) I decided to try and see how long I would last. 24 games it turns out . But than we came to the point that is the reason to type this whole blog. I lost, and not only did I lose I lost because I am a stupid cunt and made a lot of mistakes. And the worst part is I lost to Ben ( sorry Ben) I don't exactly hate the guy, but he kind of gets on my nerves. That's properly because like me his control over his emotions is a little limited. So when he hits whit a attack, he goes on a annoyance spree telling me how awesome that was. When he loses he mopes about for 10 minutes. That kind of thing gets on my nerves2. Sadly he's one of the few people who plays war machine against me1. Getting my war caster shot while I just shut was bad enough. But finding out that I fucked up my own turn by activating my models in the wrong order was even worse. Realizing later I did lose because I was not really paying the game much attention, cause I tough I would easily win. Now that really hurt not only did Ben whoop my ass I helped him do it.

So time for revenge, vengeance, justice, retribution… time for a rematch. And he whooped my ass in turn two because if left my warcaster in the open to be charged by a magehunter assassin.EPIC FAIL4.

So time for me to shape up get my brains back , come up whit a master plan and stomp his army flat . I'll get you next time Ben …… next time5


 

1: And well some pll at the lgs are realy good …. Sadly better than me tough.

2: Come on Ben lighten up

3: The lesson here kids is, if you are a ahole you will and up playing against aholes

4: I would settle for permanent face palm as well


 

5: or the next time or the next or the ………


 

1 opmerking:

  1. Don't worry Koen. I'll have my chaos finished soon, so I'll be back in shape to lose against you with my cygnar again ;) .

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen