donderdag 18 november 2010

My storm raven

Well i have beent talking about it a lot during the last few post so it thought it would be a good idee to give you some pictures of the stormraven.





So here it is in all it's purple glory

You might ask yourself why the hell is it purple ? Well all my loyal marines are purple (look at the razorback) Thy are part of my own chapter the dawn's children. I liked the idee of having my own chapter. My own chapter colour(purple) and my own chapter symbol a rising sun. Because purple is my favorite colour and it is one of the colours associated whit the rising sun it seemed like a natural choice.

Well it doesn't work so well on large models (or i can't paint like shit)

Hmm it might need some more work doesn't it.

Anny way even tough i am not realy proud of the paintjob i am pleased whit the conversion on a whole. The thing is when the new store opend in Eindhoven, I saw the one the crew of the gamesworkshop store in Roterdam had build as a starting gift. And i tought wow that is realy awsome. And i just knew i had to build one my self. One hondred euro's later i had a landraider and a valkarie kit . In one club evening of kit hacking drilling and ripping I smashed the thing to gather. And whitin one week i had painted the thing. It shocked me a bit that i did it that fast. On fryday i had nothing and on wensday my new flying doom machine was ripping up eldar.

So how does thing play.
Well for thos intrested it is a awsome glass cannon.
Fielding one of these will ensure that every gun in the enemy armie is homed in on it on turn one. So don't expect it to survive for long. But of course if it makes it to turn two, the havoc it can cause is awe inspiring. Not only are it's pasangers very deadly but its not a bad gunship on it's own. Power of the machine spirit is nasty on a fast skimmer. You can get that twinliked melta gun in 2d6 rang from 36 inches away. That is nasty.

Mostly my plan goes like this

1 Turn one move flat out towards the most expansive tank in the enemy armie and shoot at it whit the melta gun.
2 Turn two disembarke the deathcompany and the dreadnought and move them into combat.
Shoot a tank met the melta gun, and shoot infatry whit the assault cannon and bolters.
3 keep shooting until it gets destroyed.

Sadly i still think that the current army I have does not realy support it verry well.
Mabye i should build a second one so i can dubble up

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten